- Persons driving WSU motor vehicles must be employees of the university or associated with the university by courtesy appointment, contract, or another type of agreement.
- All persons driving WSU motor vehicles must have a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and at least two years f driving experience.
- Minor employees (those under the age of 18) are not allowed to drive a WSU vehicle.
- WSU vehicles shall be used for official university business only, regardless of the source of support funds. Use of state-owned vehicles for personal business is absolutely prohibited.
- Employees driving state vehicles should be doubly cautious to avoid incidents which would attract adverse public attention. Traffic and speed laws should be followed strictly. Defensive driving should be practiced.
- Seat belts are required for the driver and all passengers.
- Drivers must comply with all traffic laws and obey posted speed limits, including:
- TFREC = 10 mph
- Columbia View (Longview Rd.) = 20 mph
- Sunrise orchard = 20 mph
- The use of cell phones while driving is STRONGLY discouraged:
- Must be hands-free
- Absolutely no texting
- For the full list of driver responsibilities see SPPM 7.10.19-20.
- All TFREC vehicles are required to carry the following items:
- In addition, all vehicles used for field use must carry:
- Clean water and/or eyewash
- Soap and single-use towels
- One clean pair of coveralls per field crew
In Case of Accident
- Obtain medical treatment for anyone injured
- Call law enforcement
- Obtain the following information:
- Name, address, and telephone of involved parties, including witnesses
- Vehicle descriptions and license plates
- Insurance company name and address
- Notify your supervisor as soon as possible
- Follow the accident guide found in the glove box of the vehicle, which includes WSU insurance information, or see SPPM 7.20
- Fill out a State of Washington Vehicle Accident Report (SF-137)
- For a complete list of emergency and post-accident guidelines, see SPPM 7.10.21
For more information, the complete “Requirments for Driving Vehicles for Universit Use” are located in SPPM 7-10.
Please complete the Facilities, Security and Vehicle Use Quiz before continuing to the next training section.
|<< Return to Orientation Training start page||Proceed to: Fire Safety >>|