Although browser versions are constantly updating and the way you access the settings may change, I’ve tried to list the instructions for the various browsers most of you use. Click on the browser name to go to those instructions. When you are done viewing SkillSoft or other specific sites that require these to be enabled, you should go back and switch back to the safer settings to ensure future safe browsing.
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click Advanced at the bottom.
- Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
- Select Cookies and check “Allow sites to save and read cookie data”(if needed).
CHROME – Mac
- Go to the Chrome menu and select Preferences
- Click on the “Advanced” tab
- Click on “Privacy and Security”
- Click “Site Settings”.
- Select Cookies and site data” and check “Allowed” (if needed).
- In Firefox, type “about:config” in the address bar, then press Enter.
- Select the I accept the risk! button.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Click Options or Preferences
- Click Privacy & Security on the left
- Under the History heading, set Firefox will to Remember History.
FIREFOX – Mac
- From the Tools menu, click “Preferences”.
- Click the “Content” tab
- Close the window.
- Refresh the browser by either using the shortcut keys Cmd+R or by using the reload button on the toolbar.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options. (In IE9 and up, the Tools menu is a gear icon)
- To enable session cookies, click the Privacy tab.
- Locate the Settings slider and change the privacy settings to Medium. If you have an older version of IE, locate and click the checkbox next to Always allow session cookies.
- Under Select a zone to view, click Internet.
- Locate the Custom area of the Security tab, and click the Custom Level button.
- From the Security Settings dialog box that opens, scroll through the options until you see Scripting.
- Check the radio buttons next to Enable Active Scripting and Scripting of Java applets.
- Click OK to accept scripting and cookie handling changes and close the Security Settings window.
- From the Internet Options dialog box, click Apply to effect settings, and then OK to close the box.
- Click Safari in the menu bar and choose Preferences.
- From the Preferences dialog box that opens, select the Security tab along the top.
- Select the Privacy tab along the top.
- Next to Cookies and website data, make sure Block all cookies is unchecked.
SAFARI – Mac
- Click on the Safari menu bar and select “Preferences”.
- From the Preferences dialog box that opens, select the “Security” (padlock icon) along the top.
- To enable cookies, select the “Privacy” tab along the top.
- Next to “Cookies and website data”, make sure “Block all cookies” is unchecked.